A Journal of Transition to a Raw Food Lifestyle

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Day 4 Down! Christmas Dinner, here I come!

Day 4 down with no problems.  I drank the 150 oz of water again with no problems.  I’m still feeling a little dehydrated.  I think it will all even out though.  I’m finding it easier to resist the food that others in my household are eating.  It’s really not a big deal anymore. Right now I smell breakfast cooking AND cookies baking, and I’m happy with my fruit salad breakfast.   I feel like I can do this indefinitely.  Although Christmas dinner at my mom’s tomorrow will be the true test.  I’m going to make me a very yummy sounding raw chocolate pie that I found in the fabulous e-cookbook Raw for the Holidays, which you can purchase here.  I’m going to make myself a huge salad topped with delicious salsa and have pie for dessert, and I think I’ll be okay.  
I finally told my mom yesterday that I’m eating raw.  We have had several versions of Christmas due to my fad diets of the past, so she took it in stride, and was kind of glad to cut the amount of food she prepared down by some.  They’re going to have gumbo, turkey breast and finger foods instead of the usual turkey, ham, roast, tons of sides, etc.  We actually had a nice long talk about raw food and she’s now on the list of people waiting to see what happens.  My dad is diabetic...very diabetic...and has been taking shots for like 24 years I think.  One of my main goals in all of this is to show him that this can work and help him.  There is a raw food program where you can reverse diabetes in 30 days.  There are countless people that this has worked for.  I want it to work for him. 
If any of you guys are interested in learning more about raw food, you should check out Raw Food Rehab.  It is an AMAZING place.  The information and support there is unlimited.  They have an 11 week raw food initiative coming up called Resolve to Evolve, and I think it’s a great way to get started.  I’ll be there, and I hope to see you there too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment